Easy homemade breakfast muffins with bananas, oats and walnuts. You can drizzle some more Date Syrup on top if you like
Serves 12, contains eggs, 15 minutes work time, 20 minutes total time
3/4 cup shelled walnuts
6 oz all-purpose flour
6 oz instant oatmeal
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg, lightly beaten
4 ripe bananas
1/4 cup NuNature Date Syrup
4 tablespoons olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f. Roughly chop almost all the nuts
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a second bowl, mash the bananas using a fork, add the date syrup, oil and the egg and mix well.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently combine the two mixtures only until you reach a smooth consistency (don’t overmix).
- Using a spoon, fill a 12-hole silicone muffin tray with the muffin batter.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven for about 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Serve warm (not hot!). Keeps refrigerated 4-5 days.